Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pick An Alfa Model Page

In this column I am going to list previews of Alfa models in the order of my personal favorites.  You can visit pages of the different models by clicking on the links underneath each preview image or use the alphabetized list to the right. 

My first few choices are almost a tie. However the 33 Stradale has a slight edge in that it has it all. It is beautiful, has the excitement of race car looks and is downright sexy. It has greater rarity than the iconic Ferrari 250 GTO, (19 copies Stradale Vs 36 GTO), and thanks to its V8 engine and light weight it promises very respectable performance. Its mid engine has been the dominant configuration for high performance for quite some time and thus puts it in a contemporary category.



Click On Image To Enlarge
Click On Enlarged Image To Advance
Or Use Cursor Keys
Click In Margin To Return

Click Here For The Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale Page


My second favorite Alfa, by a close margin, is the TZ2. The T stands for the tubular frame and the Z is for the body by Zagato. It is a four cylinder 1600cc front engine car and more of a race car than the 33 Stradale. And it looks it. It's not quite as beautiful as the Stradale but because of its more competition orientation it's possibly sexier.

Click Here For The TZ2 Page


Next choice is the Alfa Romeo Canguro. Built on a Guillia TZ 1600 chassis with body by Bertone in 1964 only one was ever built. Possibly the most purely beautiful of my top 3 picks but a little less race car looking. 

Click Here For The Canguro Page


The next car is a bit of a more distant 4th place. It is the predecessor to the TZ2.  I have seen TZ's in person as well as in photos and I always felt the car was a little too narrow and tall. And that the three piece rear window arrangement was not the best aesthetically. Still it is a cool little car and the front end looks very good.

Click Here For The TZ1 Page


In spite of having a history of owning several BMW 2002's and having a great deal of success doing track days highly modified one that I built, I always thought the Alfa GT and GTVs looked really nice. Although I can't remember ever running with/ against one at a track day I believe the faster versions were in fact quicker than the similarly prepared BMW's.



I just recently discovered this next car. It's the Alfa Romeo 6C 2300 Aerodynamico 1935 Spyder.A truly major breakthrough design and harbinger of things to come. I am a little surprised and slightly embarrassed I did not know of this cars existence.



This is a new format that is under construction and there's more to come shortly.I hope.
To see the 139 Alfa photos I have collected in my "old" format 

Click Here

They are sorted but just in one long column.

No comments:

Post a Comment